Andrew is a shutterbug. He was born with a camera strung around his neck*, and a videocamera in his hand.
Have a look at some of our photos and videos in our gallery (separate login required for family & friends to see everything).
If you are looking for the licenses to some of the shoots that I’ve done, then you’ll find them in the licenses page.
I’m also trying to learn about the UK law as it relates to photography and videography. I’m noting what I find in the photo legalities page.
*My local chiropracter says I should carry it over my shoulder so I don’t put a crick into my neck!
- Canon EOS 450D (My 40th birthday present…thanks mum!)
- Panasonic Lumix FZ5 (handed down to Tolii now)
- Sony DCR-TRV320 NTSC digital handycam (digital-8 tapes) – over 10 years old and still goin’
- Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 12 video editor
Hints, Tips and Moans
The Pinnacle Studio editor (“Studio”), now owned by Avid, has been Andrew’s mainstay editor since version 1, back in 1999! He’s upgraded to v7 and then v10, and now to V12 (having not made the move to V14 yet). Every single version has had “issues”; The Studio forums are a great source of help and support in times of need.
Tutorials and Tips:
- Declic Video ~ has free downloads of Hollywood effects (HFX) transitions
- Why to stick with Studio v10.7 on WinXP (and not use 10.8)
- How to work-around a crash when .stx file is corrupted [load it into 10.8]
Here are some places I’m happy to recommend…